Nov 23, 2013

What's a Homemaker really worth?

Lillian the Domestic Engineer  MY DAZE

Stay at home MOM
 
 LOOK at what I'm worth!
 What's a Homemaker really worth?


I've got sweats to sew and toilets to wash
 stews to simmer and garbage to toss.
 I've schools to call and a Grad to plan
 I think, I think, I think I can

I've got lunches to pack and squares to bake
snow to shovel and crafts to create.
I've dishes to wash and meals to plan
I think, I think, I think I can   


I've sports forms to submit and cans to collect 
 I've a Bingo to work and a hungry pet.
I've a highway to travel in a sick, sick van
I think, I think, I think I can

 Oh Man oh Man, oh Man, oh Man....
 I think, I think, I think I can


 I've a mountain of things in front of me 
 A list of things to do that's taller than me
 and I'm running short of precious time and out of youthful energy
 Lately it's occurred to me what a long, strange trip it's been!
 I think, I think, I think I can

  I've a mess in the kitchen and shit in the fan 
  I could use another arm and would love a Martha Man
  I think, I think, I think, He can...
 Oh Man, Oh Man, Oh Man, Oh Man, OH MAN!
 On second thought it would be great to have a Wife today.
 

 Oh may, oh may there come a day 
when "Mothering" be the valued commodity
it ought to be!


Keep up the good work Mothers everywhere
We are only missed when we are not there

We are here. We are here. We are here.
God Bless the Domestic Engineer



At the cost of staying home                   More HERE 

Lillian the Domestic Engineer
 If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger